Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Logical Fallicies

Top 10 Favorite Logical Fallacies

argumentum ad hominem
Ex: "Why would you say that, do you think I'm wrong? Please explain to me what I seem to be doing wrong because I doubt you can back it!"

argumentum ad nauseam
Ex: "You know if you do it my way, it will get done faster...You also know that the steps I did came a lot easier than what you are doing. We could always try it my way."

argumentum ad populum
Ex: "I did such great job on my essay, my entire class voted for me to present it tot he committee."

Dicto Simpliciter
Ex: "Why don't you go put on a dress or something little girl, this is a man's job."

Naturalistic fallacy
Ex: "Did you see the tobacco commercial that said when you smoke around your pets they have a higher chance of getting cancer?"

Non Sequiter
"ISIS is a real problem in the Middle East and America and I think there are several solutions to this problem and we should do something about it."

Red Herring
Ex: "Can you respond to the comment you made about African-Americans recently?"
 "Well the internet is bad and I think we should stop people from bad stuff because it's their fault."

Slippery Slope
Ex: "I think we should  ban marijuana, therefore we should make all drugs illegal."

Straw Man
Ex: "Did you know that she said she hates Hispanics and lied about it?
 "It doesn't seem to be on the record?"
"Well she did say it, I heard her."

Tu quoque
Ex: "According to our sources you said you hated blacks?"
"Well so did he, so why does it matter if  I said it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment