Monday, September 19, 2016

Vocab Paragraph

I feel that the teacher's use of colloquialism creates a comfortable classroom environment. The assignments given by other teachers make me feel like they are provoking their students. I also think the assignments given to us in other classes can be a little superfluous because it's information we may never use in life. This class provides a sense of catharsis and that can a comfortable feeling. I feel like the teacher really cares about what we think and we are learning jargon instead of other information that we are going to forget about in a couple of days or after an exam. When we were first introduced to the teacher and he used profanity, I felt like it was egregious, but over time it starts to make sense and we can relate to the situations when he is talking. The teacher doesn't use archaism, he isn't traditional and it is nice to experience that kind of change in education. I have learned that what were are learning in this class is important including taking a step into the 21st century. I admit I think a majority of my classes are frivolous, but Idon't think this class is because I am actually learning something I will remember because it is of value. You don't realize it until you experience it that teachers using profanity is taboo and I have learned that profanity can also have some value because it allows us to express how we are really feeling. I can't say I am scrupulous, but I can saying I am learning in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment