Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A Hug Is Nearly A Gun Spelled Backwards

When we compare the two ideas of personal relations and patriotism, the first thing we think of is who do we love more? E.M Forster's opinion that personal relations are more important than patriotism is a good one. When I think about patriotism, I think about loyalty, and when I think about loyalty, I think about who truly loves me. Personal relations play a huge part in everyday society and frankly, it helps us function. I believe that personal relations are more important than patriotism because I love my country, but I can't say that my country loves me unconditionally and that it will always be there for me even when it is not. All I can think of is how superstitious or how cautious the government is and how it would lay down millions of peoples' lives before letting themselves fall.
 I admit there are sacrifices to be made when fighting for your country, but you also make sacrifices for your family because you know they really care. Patriotism is the loyalty to your nation and personal relations is t he loyalty to your family; when comparing these two we see that often times with loyalty and making a choice, losses are involved and you cant take it back, so who is more willing to forgive you? Overall, I would have to agree with E.M Forster's belief that personal relations are more important than causes or patriotism and there is no denying that you are forced to form an opinion and if or when the time comes, you are forced to make a life-changing decision.

2 comments:

  1. i really like the commentary and examples i think any reader can connect with them(:i think you just need to organize the essay and add to it a little

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the commentary and examples i think any reader can connect with them(:i think you just need to organize the essay and add to it a little

    ReplyDelete